Our goal is to foster and grow an active social community of gamers. We are not looking to have thousands of members where no one knows anyone else. Our vision is to grow an active community over time, where you get to know those who play the same game. Acolytes that played one game may play in the future with Acolytes they may have not had much contact with, but will have the comfort knowing that we are all Acolytes, and are all in pursuit of the same common goal.
1. To join the Acolytes Gaming community, you must fill out an application HERE. The goal is to allow the new applicant time to see if we are what they want in a guild, and to see if they are a good fit for our community. The applicant will have a fourteen day trial period. Different chapters may alter the details of process to meet their specifications. Whichever process is used, the end goal is to determine if the new applicant fits in with our community. The applicant will be accepted or denied after fourteen days.
2. When you play a game that the Acolytes have a guild in, you will be given access to that chapter's Members Only voice and text chat channels. Chapter leadership is responsible for keeping their roster and Discord tags up to date. If someone leaves that chapter, they will be removed from those Members Only channels. Members have the freedom to add and remove their own game related tags in Discord for games they are interested in the #roles_selection Discord channel.
3. If you're playing a game where we have an Acolyte guild, we ask that you do the following:
- Play with the Acolyte guild that we have in that game. If someone cannot play with the Acolyte guild, it can be discussed with the leadership of that chapter, and resolved on a case-by-case basis.
- We encourage everyone to hop in Discord voice each night to socialize with others that are playing the same game. We will require all members to be in Discord for guild events, to listen at the very least.
- We ask everyone to follow our policy on no discussion of religion or politics.
If at any time a chapter's leadership feels that you are being a disturbance to the chapter or community, you will be given a warning. If you receive a second warning, you will be removed from the community.
If you are unsure what games we have an Acolyte guild in you can always reference our thread here: https://www.acolytesgaming.org/index.php?threads/acolyte-gaming-guilds-and-affiliations.722/